Farmers Union of Malawi (FUM) is an umbrella body of farmers and farmer organizations in Malawi which was established in 2003 under the Trustees Incorporation with the aim of creating a conducive policy environment for farmers in Malawi. It is founded on three key operational areas namely; Institutional development, Policy and advocacy, and Agribusiness and market access.
To ensure a union of Malawi Farmers with a powerful collective voice to advance the interest of farmers.
To promote and safeguard the interests of all farmers in Malawi and create a conducive agricultural operating environment for improved agricultural productivity, market access and increased farmer income.
KEY STRATEGIC AREAS FOR 2017-2021
- Contribute to improved evidence-based and predictable agricultural policy environment
- Access to agribusiness and marketing services by FUM paid-up members increased
- Climate smart agricultural practices enhanced
- Women and youth economically and socially empowered
- FUM institutional capacity strengthened. following are the intended key result areas:
KEY OPERATIONAL AREAS
- Institutional Development and Investments
2. Research, Policy and Partnerships
3. Agribusiness and Marketing